Monday, January 25, 2010

It's been a very good year.

The season is almost over but all in all, it's been very good. Extremely cold weather locked up all of our water from Dec 21 until last week, but field hunting opportunities saved the day.

Our marsh on the river was wonderful early, then froze up. That season is now closed, and my landowner called me last night to report a duck tornado was appearing on it, around 300 mallards bombing in. Maybe they will imprint on it for next year!

Our bookings were off a bit from previous years, but save one group, all were extremely successful in their duckin in Oklahoma.

We will be out there come Friday, and cold weather should do nothing but help our chances.

Over the weekend we shot 34 on Saturday with seven hunters, all in the field. After watching our clients shoot birds for most of the season, it was good to bang at em. I'm pretty sure I shot my limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment